Thursday, January 26, 2012

POW! BAM! Exploding Rockets! or Flat Lining; Parent to Child & Child to Parent Relationships


Basically, the only thing we need is a hand that rests on our own, that wishes it well, and that sometimes guides us.  ~Hector Bianciotti, Sans La Misericorde du Christ


Parent child relationships are a very touchy subject. Some people may have never met their parents or had the chance to see their children grow up. I don’t know everyone’s personal story but what I do know is that they are all unique in their own way. GOD BLESSED me with in my opinion the two greatest parents in the world whom have always had my best interest at heart so yesterday when I had the privilege of driving my parents to Oakland I was reminded how great my parents are not because of their finances, not because they are the smartest or the most cleaver parents in the world but because they love me unconditionally. I have witnessed their struggles throughout my lifetime and their great expression and dedication to show love with every breath they take and it brings tears to my eyes because I can’t thank GOD enough for giving me the BLESSING to experience love to this magnitude.


I have not had the pleasure of being a parent but I have been a child my whole life and there is truly no way that I can ever repay my parents for everything that they have done for me but I do know that I can show them love. The whole point of this blog is to remind everyone that the people in your life who may be similar to a parent or even a child to you….love them and cherish them. GOD gives and takes away the gifts he gives us since we are just borrowing the love ones that are in our lives. Know that the gifts of people in your life can be here today and gone later that same day, so SHOW LOVE! One can show love to anyone rather it be the neighbor that has trouble taking his/her trash to the front of their house or the person in your classroom or at your job who walks in with a sad look on his/her face show them love!  Since I do not have children…I need to try my best to always show love to my husband and the people who are around and maybe they will get just a small taste of what GOD BLESSED me to get from the people around me, especially my parents.

What made me want to write this blog other than spending time with my parents yesterday is I have noticed several families do not share a bond with each other that was valued as such an important thing not to long ago. That is why the title of this blog is POW, Bam, (exploding rockets!) or ___ (flat lining); Parent to Child & Child to parent relationships because I have noticed either families are really close or they do care to make the effort to show love to one another which is heartbreaking. I encourage everyone to show love to your family and whatever situation you have with your parents or children or whoever has a big impact on you in your life, LOVE THEM!!!!! Cherish them and never take them for granted. This is a beloved quote of mine…

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting? ~Stephen Levine


This is a great quote to live by. Why are you waiting to make the contact that can change your life for the good? Why wait to let GOD into your life to illustrate love in your life? GOD will work in many ways to show you the love that you may have never thought was there.


I propose a challenge for everyone… the upcoming holiday is Valentine’s day (if you want to call it a holiday) I challenge everyone who reads this blog to show love for someone other than just their spouse, spend some time with your children telling him how much you love them. Go read a story to your grandfather and/or grandmother, call your parents. Show love not just on that day but every day, but take Valentine’s Day as a start or why wait start today and let me know what you did and how it went.


DIOS TE BENDIGA


Until my finger touch the keys again remember people are going to be people


GOD BLESS YA IN JESUS NAME AS APART OF GODS WILL IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME AS APART OF HIS PERFECT WILL AMEN AND AMEN DTB

No comments:

Post a Comment